got root?
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
itunes 7.0
So the new iTunes is out. It has some minor visual changes which do look good and additional sections for the Library that make sense, such as Movies and TV Shows - since Apple is now providing [most of] those through IMS.

Upon re-scanning my collection it is now [still] performing a 'Gapless Reduction' thing, I assume to calculate silence at beginning/end of tracks for cross-fades etc. The IMS now also contains album artwork - I am uncertain whether only for music bought on there or generally, but since I don't have an account set-up I will refrain from testing this right away. Certainly someone will do it soon enough.

In terms of new video content, the update to QuickTime 7.1.3 must be applied as well but that requires a reboot and I don't want to waste my precious uptime on that :)

Anyway, I'm sure there's more features to discover and enjoy. Oh, is it only me or CD Text support is new as well? Cheers!


Comments:
But it's slow as shit and album arc scroller doesn't work correctly on my iBook (i see mini screenshots of the desktop instead of pictures - prolly cause quarc extreme is not supported with 8mb vram)
 
Post a Comment  | | Home