got root?
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
synergy
So today's little fun item is synergy. This nice little app lets you use on keyboard and one mouse across computers in a LAN. The clipboard is transferable as well, you can - though I haven't yet tried it out - set up a single login for all computers, the screen savers synchronize.

This works over a LAN and there are no high-level security measures to avoid packet sniffing and the likes but ssh forwarding can be set-up. I haven't bothered much because I'm using this at work between an iMac and a wretched wintel machine. Works great, albeit it takes a while to remember the keyboard mappings for ctrl, alt and meta are slightly off.

Set-up is incredibly quick if you give the documentation a quick read. I've managed to get it running in about 10 minutes this morning and so far I'm loving it.

Credit where it's due, I first got wind of this through Hak.5. Great show!


Comments: Post a Comment  | | Home