got root?
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
seattle
I went down to Seattle over the weekend. I have been to the States on a number of occasions and I more or less know what to expect, but Seattle doesn't seem as 'bad' as L.A. [my other common destination.]

On the bus ride home one of the days we [I was with the Father] got into a conversation with a guy about... things. We've gone through numerous aspects of society, politics and the U.S. in general. They guys knew a lot of things. Sure, I knew most of that stuff too, but I am student and I navigate in circles where such information is discussed at length. Not to say that maybe he wasn't navigating similar circles or collecting information from other sources.

But you have to be careful. Before the 1989 Revolution, the Securitate [Rom. Security] used knowledgeable people to gain trust and retrieve information from others. THeir youngest recruits were 12 and they would report parents and friends of parents etc. This group would deter the formation of any kind of mobs, considering that any one of the members could be a covert agent. So, why wouldn't the NSA/SS do the same? I have no idea how the marks would be made, recognized on the street etc. Yet we are talking about the largest-funded organization of this kind in the world; they probably have their ways.

I probably have nothing interesting enough about myself to become a mark. My dad even less. The idea is, though, that if these 'fingermen' do exist, you have to be careful to whom you disclose what.

And so, paranoia ensues...


Comments:
Big Brother is watching you! \m/
 
Post a Comment  | | Home