got root?
Thursday, December 07, 2006
iPhone
Up in the November 30th edition of DiggNation Kevin decided to let out a few iPhone rumours.


  • very small form factor - obviously

  • two batteries, one for the mp3 playback side and one for the phone - excellent for people like me that listen to music a lot

  • a lot of touch-screen - can we get a mock-up rotary wheel out of an iPod-style scroll-wheel?

  • 4 or 8 gig offerings, US$249 and US$449 estimated - for an Apple smart-phone? sign me up!

  • slide-out keyboard - keep in tune with the form factor, I'm sure



Of course this is all rumours. It's supposed to come out in January - which is both good and bad for me since I won't be able to get it until sometime in May most likely, but by then hopefully all bugs will be ironed out. Or, who knows, a lovely little birthday present for me :)

Other rumours deal with the OS, which is supposed to be a trimmed-out version of OS X. I think this is a bit far-fetched - although the UI elements should be there for Mac users to feel comfortable and homey and non-Mac ones to fall in love with, whether the technology will actually take from Leopard in terms of kernel and other subsystems...

I hope for cross-over headphones. That is, ones that will let me switch between phone and mp3 player seamlessly when I get a call. They should also be wireless because we want cool :)

Either way, can't wait. Call me a fanboy.

Labels: ,

Comments:
Well Apple surprised me in two ways, the good way (they announced a nice smartphone) and the bad way : "iPhone" - as a brand was already registered :(
 
Well apparently there might be some uncertainty about that: http://apple.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/01/13/140254&from=rss

We'll see what happens closer to launch data I presume.
 
Post a Comment  | | Home